Monday, December 29, 2008

Steampunk

A few months ago I stumbled on some music that I just LOVE. It was Abney Park. After listening for a while I started trying to figure out what it was and eventually learned the genre is Steampunk. A little more research revealed that Steampunk isn't just a music genre, but an entire sub-culture. I don't really know how to explain it other than it being anachronistic of the industrial age with a great fondness for restoring the beauty of machines and the repurposing of anything.

I that vein, I have found a nice rusty diamond-plate background to put under the parchment of this blog. I like it better than what was there before. I guess I need to start looking for some shiny brass accents to put here and there.

There's a lot of cool stuff going on in Steampunk, I wish I had the time and intestinal fortitude to join in! Here's a couple of cool examples, but you'll have to do more research on your own.


3 comments:

skdesertfun said...

That laptop is awesome.

Scotty

The Tiffany's said...

That's some crazy stuff! Can Steampunk R2D2 hack into the ships mainframe??
I bet that laptop is not so easy to carry around anymore :0)

xr440dude said...

No. I think Steampunk R2D2 can only hack into the ships plumbing!