Wednesday, January 11, 2012

I testify...


How I know the lowly, docile, easily domesticated bovine is a gift from Heaven:
  1. On January first, as usual, we roasted some prime rib of beef for family and friends: Pure ambrosia!
  2. Yesterday when I got up I stuck the leftover rib bones in the crock pot with a half gallon of BBQ sauce - and for supper: Pure sticky ambrosia!
  3. Every bit of meat is scrumptious, even the face, tongue and tail.
  4. There's a butt-load of leather on those suckers! (I need me some new cowboy boots!)
  5. Milk. And lots of it!
  6. The hooves: Pure stinky ambrosia! (Well, to our dogs, at least.)
  7. Their flatulence and droppings can be made into fertilizer or fuel. (If you want to.)
  8. They convert almost any kind of grass, grain or otherwise inedible plant material into everything above.
What more could you ask for? Thank you Heavenly Father.
~

2 comments:

Melly said...

Say it Brother!

The Tiffany's said...

I agree! I am kinda wishing that we did keep our cows horns and hides- though I woulda had to figure out how to take care of them....