Friday, March 29, 2013

An Avid Hunter!

Peggy is treating a friend's dog and goes to their house once a week to give injections and advice.  She insisted that I come along this week, so I did.  Here's what I saw:

This room also has a 12 foot croc on the floor!

They're planning to add a tree behind the Mountain Lion so it won't look like he's attacking from the sky.












All these animals are real except the rhino in the first pic.  Since they are endangered it was a "green" hunt.  The hunter shot him with a tranquilizer then an army of wardens, game managers and a vet take measurements, make medical treatments and samples and then they cast the head and neck.  The hunter then gives the rhino a shot to revive him and runs away to safe place.  Fast!  The mount is an exact mould of the casting taken and I wouldn't have been able to tell if they hadn't told me!

Half the mounts are in the house, then there's another large out-building with a room full.  There's way more than pictured here.  I just couldn't take pics of everything.
~

1 comment:

Trix said...

That is absolutely INSANE! One person killed all those animals AND paid to have them mounted?!