Saturday, June 20, 2009

A Mafioso's Daily Chores

Something funny happened in my driveway this morning.

Yesterday I put a new Monte Carlo style stock on my SKS. When I inherited it, it had a pistol grip stock with a folding shoulder rest. The shoulder rest was gone and the point where it mounted was busted out. I don't like folding stocks anyway, so it just had to go. I put all the old parts in my little wastebasket by my desk.

Just at twilight this morning, before the sun came up, I was taking out the garbage . The last thing to go out was my little wastebasket. So there I was, in my pajamas on the driveway with a little wastebasket of old assault rifle parts sticking up out of it! I had to giggle - I just couldn't help to wonder if this wasn't happening all over New Jersey too.

Sorry, no picture. It would have been perfect if one of my neighbors had snapped a shot through their living room window!
~

2 comments:

The Tiffany's said...

HAHAHA! I can just picture a neighbor peekin out their window at you while on the phone with the FBI- explaining that 'normal people' don't have spare gun parts to throw out with their spring cleaning :0)

skdesertfun said...

Now if you were wearing bunny slippers that would have been the ultimate!

Scotty