Thursday, April 1, 2010

Interesting Sculpture

I don't know if anyone reading this blog recalls this, but back in the 70's there was a fun little craft of forming human and animal sculptures by stuffing a nylon stocking full of cotton balls and then shaping it into something recognizable. I haven't thought about it in..well, since the 70's. But then I stumbled across the website of Lisa Lichtenfels and see that she has taken this method and made something really special out of it.

Of course she doesn't use actual stockings, but the basic technique is the same. Have a look. I think you'll be suitably impressed.

http://www.lisalichtenfels.net/
~

3 comments:

Speer Family said...

That's crazy!

Tricky Trix said...

Awesome!

skdesertfun said...

I do remember those, they freaked me out. I thoutht they always looked like shruken heads put in people form.

Scotty