Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Busy Week

I'm working nights and overtime this week to finish a modification on one of the simulators. It's been hanging over my head for over year, but it got put on a back burner while I've been working to test and accept the new sim for the past year and a half. The demands of the new sim started to ease up a bit so I'm taking a run at finishing it this week. Well, that, and the fact that I told the boss that I'd do everything possible to get it done before we take the kids out of town for spring break!

Last night I finished the cabling and adding the new I/O (Input/Output) to the sim. I was able to test the hardware by manually manipulating the I/O through the computer, but things weren't working quite right. Bummer. I quickly found that I misplaced a couple of wires on the backplane and got it fixed in a couple of minutes (see picture). After that everything was working super-duper!

Now I just have to install the hardware in the correct locations and add new code to the software to operate it. I should be able to wrap that up today, then I won't feel guilty about going on vacation!

7 comments:

skdesertfun said...

I would say looks like fun but I really don't like rewiring things, maybe that is because I suck at it. I guess I just need more practice. WEEEEEEEE

Scotty

skdesertfun said...

PS I love that Canon in D rock cover you have on your play list.

Scotty

Tricky Trix said...

It looks great and complicated to me.

Melly said...

Yeah...ditto what mom said. It's cool but when your describing it I just hear bla bla this and bla bla that! That just shows my level of understanding of all that stuff.:)
Where are you going on vacation?

Al said...

Wow, you're really smart! I'm constantly amazed by the Sorensen brain! :)

The Tiffany's said...

Where you going to?
I heard Charlotte's baptism and BBQ was way fun! I'm sorry we missed it! Too bad we couldn't double up on that one too :0)
Tell her congrats for us!!

Mrb0y said...

Ron you rock, nice to look at what your up to these days. It's so obvious after being around a bit and where I am today that I was very fortunate to work with you and the rest of the guys at AWA. I couldn't have had a better start any where, bar none.